And The Hits Just Keep On Comin'

And The Hits Just Keep On Comin'

A Music Journal Collective Effort

Wednesday, July 12, 2006



REVIEW BY BWIL: THOM YORKE - THE ERASER

Everytime a new Radiohead album comes out I get pumped up for the week before where I proceed to take out the right money from the bank for it, listen to the previous albums in order that week, and make sure I'm out front of the cd store as soon as it opens and rush in to buy it as soon as possible. I wouldn't say I'm a die hard Radiohead fan, (I've never seen them in concert, I don't own any t-shirts, I wouldn't drink Thom Yorkes urine) but I would definately say I'm in it for the music. I enjoy all their albums, and can't say I have a favourite or that any of them suck, which most may come to expect. But when I heard the vocal genius was doing a solo album, I got to feel the rush I haven't felt since Hail to the Theif.
The fact that Yorke doesn't play the irrational rock star game is part of the basis of the appeal. I knew this wouldn't be some crap attempt to go off on one's own to see if the rest of the band is the reason for one's success (*cough cough Beyonce, Billy Corgan [sorry Mat]), Edwin from I Mother Earth, the list goes on). And the brilliance of this album came at a great time. On the cusp of Radiohead's next release (for 2007) and this "blog" revolution.
Spin Magazine described it as a "blog with beats" which can totally relate as Yorke has his own blog to spill his beans in which his personal thoughts are relatable to Eraser.

"The more you try to erase me, the more that I appear/The more I try to erase you, the more that you appear."

So I definately recommend picking up this piece of art. It's Yorke's prog rock on a whole new level. It's short. It's sweet. It's brilliant.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

bwil, you crushed that. sweetass.

9:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

free site statistics