And The Hits Just Keep On Comin'

And The Hits Just Keep On Comin'

A Music Journal Collective Effort

Thursday, February 26, 2009

MOVIE REVIEW
THE BROTHERS SOLOMON
http://www.latinoreview.com/images/upload/437poster.jpg
My brother and a few other friends told me about this
movie, and upon initially hearing about it, I wrote it
off as a lame feature. The rumblings in my mind said
'There's no WAY Will Arnett and SNL regular Will
Forte can be THAT funny for 1 hour and 20 some
minutes'. I also heard it was laced with a lot of sexual
innuendo humour which I find to be pretty unoriginal,
over-used and lacking in comedic depth.

Boy, was I wrong.

The film basically follows the lives of John and Dean
Solomon - two socially inept brothers who are
trying to complete their dying father's last wish to be
a grandfather (who is actually Lee Majors from tv's
long running series 'The Fall Guy'). Yes - the premise
seems ridiculous but in the end, after all of the
awkward antics are done with, it is a film that has
heart. In their quest to impregnate a female and
have a child, the two brothers begin to see what
really matters in life. As an added bonus, you also
get to see Will Arnett wear very short shorts for
the entire feature.

This movie shocked me in the sense that...I haven't
laughed so hard while watching a film in quite some
time. One scene in particular made me laugh to
the point of silly, shaky giggles that even woke up my
sleeping wife. As funny as Will Arnett is (and believe
me - he has some side-ripping scenes), Will Forte
actually steals the show with his amazing dialogue
delivery and stunningly awkward smile. SNL regular
Kristen Wiig also does a bang-up job as the mother-
to-be.

If you are unsure about what flick to pick up the
next time you are browsing the comedy shelves, give
The Brothers Solomon a chance to warm your
heart and your funny-bone.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally concur! 100 percentile. This film is very underrated but HILARIOSO. Will Forte will be in a lot of upcoming comedies- take my word for it. Arnett is awesome wherever he is. I thought this was going to be another brainless romp but I laughed SO hard at some parts that I almost choked on my popcorn. Saw it in the theatre. Good review. Do more stuff with this site! I check it daily.
-Rand

9:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yo! Matt! I dig this blog. You have Dave Ullrich write for you sometimes? Dude from The Inbreds? You're a freaking star. Nice interview with Meredith Heron, too.

Willy

8:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

free site statistics